* Precision Spun, Dyed and Engineered For
The New Zealand Strike Indicator System
* 100% Pure - New Zealand Wool - Natural and Bio-Degradable
* 3 Feet of Each Color - 12 Feet Total
* Packed in the "Perfect" On River Four Compartment Dispenser
Our specially sourced and dyed natural wool works extremely well in a variety of conditions. Having researched dozens of wool types and synthetics, this particular wool has been specially selected because of it's wiry, water-shedding properties that allow a perfect float cast after cast. Our ultimate wool material provides a “no-spook” landing and presentation. It fills the indicator sleeve perfectly and can be trimmed to the size you want.
To the attentive fisherman – it provides the ultimate solution for a perfect presentation to difficult fish.
Even the most “educated” trout will not spook with this indicator material - especially when the indicator is trimmed to suit the conditions. On spring creeks, tail waters and flat water when casting to working fish we sometimes trim the indicator down to a size 16 dry fly (sometimes even smaller!) - talk about a stealthy presentation! With the sensitivity these wool indicators provide, you will see strikes more quickly and more often.
This wool has natural lanolin, however, go ahead and add a dab of floatant on it at the beginning of the day. The indicator will float all day and casts beautifully – with almost no wind resistance!
100% Natural New Zealand Wool - Our wool is from New Zealand and is a 100% natural fiber that has the perfect properties for a strike indicator - We have over 100 million sheep here so we won't be running out anytime soon!
- Pleasure to Cast Light and Natural - Casts like a dry fly
- Floats High - Easy to see - Floats like a cork with a bit of fly floatant
- Lands Gently - Doesn't spook fish
- Very Sensitive to Strikes - Many takes are currently undetectable with hard plastic type indicators
- "Regular Sized Tubing" - Use one strand and Wool Indicator with "Regular Size Tubing" will float a size 14 bead head nymph
- "X-Large Sized Tubing" - Use two strands and Wool Indicator with "X-Large Size Tubing" will float two size 12 tungsten bead head nymphs
- Bristly Holds its shape - sheep bred to produce wool with these properties
- Lucious Lemon - High visibility
- Radioactive Orange - The name says it all
- Bright Florescent Green - Very Bright - Easily seen in rough waters - also good to mix with other colors to make high visibility multicolored indicators
- Pearly White - Fish don't notice this color - looks like foam on the water
Our Wool Is Selected By The Very Best In The Business
Try Over 60 Years Of Experience In The New Zealand Wool Industry!
No Risk Ordering
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We promise to do right by our customers always!
* FOR ORDERS OVER $30
“I hook fish I would otherwise miss, were I using a different indicator.”
“I absolutely love it. It’s sensitive, stealthy, versatile and super easy to use. Long story short, it puts more fish in my net.”
“I’ve fished this indicator system and I like it even more. It’s Brilliant!”
“Boy was I impressed! I found this to be a great product and would highly recommend.”
"It’s my favorite indicator for spooky fish and technical water"
Marketing Director for ORVIS
Fly Rod & Reel magazine’s 2011 Angler of the Year
Author of The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide & nine others
The tool is good quality and looks like it will last
“I don’t know who thought this up but it is genius. The tool is good quality and looks like it will last. It is simple to use and floats well. A side benefit is the wool works great as a post for dry flies. It really floats well and is easy to work with. I ordered another pack of the wool to use for tying flies.”
Roger O. Bouchard, Jr.
on July 19, 2014
Simple and excellent
“I have been fly fishing 50 years. A lot of worthless junk is sold in this hobby. But this may well be the best product I’ve ever purchased. It does exactly what it says. Read the instructions and watch the video and you will catch more fish. Or maybe just realize your getting a hit that before you did not realize you were getting. Wish I had thought of it.”
on May 30, 2015
I love how easy it is to use
"I love how easy it is to use. The wool stays afloat and i can quickly change depths without injuring my leader or tippet."
Mary P Eul
on October 15, 2014